Energy efficiency No. 1 priority for commercial office tenants
Green building initiatives are a key influencer when tenants decide to sign a commercial real estate lease, according to a survey by GE Capital Real Estate. The survey, which was conducted over the past year and included more than 2,220 office tenants in the U.S., Canada, France, Germany, Sweden, the UK, Spain, and Japan, shows that energy efficiency remains the No. 1 priority in most countries. Also ranking near the top: waste reduction programs and indoor air.
More like this
- More companies willing to pay extra for green office space
- Greenbuild 2008 draws 29,752 AEC professionals to Boston
- Companies increase focus on energy and sustainability to reduce costs
- Selling Green in the Spec Office Market
- ULI Real Estate Consensus Forecast, projects improvements for the real estate industry through 2014