Grants will fund programs for disadvantaged kids across six states.
The DPR Foundation, the charitable arm of DPR Construction, one of the nation’s top technical builders focused on highly complex and sustainable projects, announced its continued commitment to supporting youth organizations in need by awarding $590,000 in grants to 12 organizations in cities across the U.S.
The 2011-2012 grant money will be distributed across nine returning grantees and three new organizations featuring youth programs targeting disadvantaged kids from grade school to high school.
New DPR Foundation grantee organizations for 2011-2012 include:
- ICAN – Improving Chandler Area Neighborhoods (Chandler, Ariz.)
- The Milagro Center (Delray Beach, Fla.) and
- John Avery Boys & Girls Club of Durham (Durham, N.C.).
All nine remaining organizations are returning grantees including:
- The Boys & Girls Club of Metro Atlanta (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Maryland Multi-cultural Youth Center (Riverdale, Md.)
- New Hope for Kids (Orlando, Fla.)
- Future for Kids (Phoenix, Ariz.)
- Peninsula Bridge (Palo Alto, Calif.)
- Roberts Family Development Center (Sacramento, Calif.)
- StandUp for Kids (San Diego)
- Turning Wheels for Kids (San Jose, Calif.) and
- Seven Tepees Youth Center (San Francisco).
The DPR Foundation, established by DPR Construction in 2008, has awarded nearly $1.5 million to 17 different organizations over the past four years and is committed to helping disadvantaged children within each of the company’s local communities by building lasting relationships with youth-focused organizations. The DPR Foundation is a company-wide outreach to help children who fall short of their potential due to socio-economic challenges.
In addition to financial assistance in the form of grants, the DPR Foundation selects organizations that also have a great need for volunteer help. The Foundation seeks organizations with after-school programs, tutoring, field trips and summer camps so DPR employees can get involved in the community effort. The Foundation also measures success of these program and volunteer efforts to ensure the program remains on mission and continues to achieve results. BD+C