The Freelon Group of Research Triangle Park, N.C., and Davis Brody Bond of New York City have been selected to plan the National African-American Museum for a site on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. With an estimated cost of $300 million to $500 million, a staff of 200, and a projected size of 350,000 sf, the museum will contain permanent and changing exhibits, an auditorium, staff offices, and gift shop. The federal government will pay half the project's costs; the museum must raise the rest.
Design team selected for National African-American Museum
November 01, 2007 |
More like this
- Aloft hotel opens at Washington National Harbor
- California African-American Museum to be Expanded
- News Briefs: New LEED energy and water requirements take effect; ASHRAE publishes energy efficiency guide for hotels; ICC launches green building code initiative for commercial structures
- Luxury Hotel required faceted design
- 'Feebate' program to reward green buildings in Portland, Ore.