Cupcake bakery's sweet design
When planning the MORE cupcake boutique in Chicago's Gold Coast, designers at David Woodhouse Architects LLC had only 550 sf in which to add the necessary ingredients to the specialty bakery: a full kitchen, display and sales space, and customer space. The solution: make customers feel as if they are walking into a giant display case surrounded by sweet and savory confections. Custom glass and stainless steel shelves form a wall of cupcakes, dark bamboo countertops hint at chunks of chocolate, and translucent, cream-colored eco-resin wall panels are suggestive of butter cream batter. Eco-panels are backlit with curved neon lighting to create "swirls" in the batter.
More like this
- Summit Design+Build selected as GC for Chicago restaurant
- Recipe for Success: Building Teams cook up ways for restaurants to save energy and cut waste
- MULTIFAMILY REPORT: How Building Teams Are Beating the Cost Crunch
- 'Fully customizable condos' help real estate firm beat sluggish market
- Healthy sales for wellness centers