Construction set to Begin in Boston's Pier 4 Area
Developers are set to begin construction on Pier 4, one of several projects in the Boston area that are gaining traction. After years of delay, the developer of Pier 4 in Boston’s Seaport District will build a $170 million apartment and retail tower, adding to a burst of development activity that is rapidly transforming the city’s waterfront.
Executives with property owner New England Development of Newton and its partner on the project, Hanover Co. of Houston, said they expect to begin construction next spring on a 21-story tower that would include 357 apartments, retail stores, and an underground parking garage next to the Institute of Contemporary Art.
More like this
- Boston officials grapple with impact of new FEMA flood maps
- Mayor Bloomberg unveils plans for New York City’s largest new affordable housing complex since the ’70s
- Expansive public space planned for San Francisco’s northeast waterfront
- Suffolk Construction selected as contractor for Boston luxury residential tower
- Diller + Scofidio unveil dramatic design for Boston art museum