Construction begins on Scripps Cardiovascular Institute in San Diego
Construction commenced on the $456 million Scripps Cardiovascular Institute in San Diego, Calif. Part of the Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla campus, the institute will comprise three new hospital towers that meet earthquake safety mandates.
The first tower will reach seven-stories high and span 383,000 sf. Jacobs Eng. Group Inc. is managing construction, and McCarthy Building Co. Inc and HOK Architects are acting as general contractor and project architect respectively.
More like this
- Next phase of construction begins on Scripps Prebys Cardiovascular Institute
- McCarthy completes second phase of San Diego’s Scripps Hospital
- Ground broken for $94 million hospital expansion at Scripps Encinitas
- Skanska to expand and renovate hospital in Georgia for $103 Million
- Research center built for interdisciplinary cooperation