Climate author announces world’s most resilient cities
Boyd Cohen, Ph.D., of TriplePundit.com has released the top ten most resilient cities in the world. These cities account for up to 80% of greenhouse gas emissions globally and are home to about 50% of the global population.
Coming in at No. 1 is Copenhagen, Denmark, where nearly “40% of its citizens [ride a bicycle] to work,” writes Cohen. Furthermore, Copenhagen is the only city that achieved a perfect score on political commitment to environmental initiatives.
More like this
- Cohen rejoins Deloitte’s capital projects practice
- USGBC Joins Six Major Organizations at Rio+20 to Launch the Global Initiative on Urban Resilience
- GREENBUILD 2011: Sustainable construction should stress durability as well as energy efficiency
- New Green Matters Conference examines emerging issues in concrete and sustainability
- Seismic resilience should be part of green standards in quake-prone regions