The American Canyon (Calif.) High School is set to be one of the first to be a CHPS Verified green school by the Collaborative for High Performance Schools. Designed by Quattrocchi Kwok Architects, Santa Rosa, Calif., the school will include extensive daylighting controls, a ground source heat pump mechanical system, and a 500 kW photovoltaic solar array that will provide more than 40% of the campus's electricity.
CHPS Verified green school planned in American Canyon, Calif.
May 01, 2008 |
More like this
- Two of three planned luxury condo towers open in Irvine, Calif.
- Office Park Planned for Carlsbad, Calif.
- Design firm KTGY of Irvine, Calif., earns Terner Prize from UC Berkeley for Nuevo Amanecer Apartments project in Pajaro, Calif.
- Gold Award: VA San Diego Healthcare System Building 1 Seismic Correction San Diego, Calif.
- Office Complex Breaks the Mold in Carlsbad, Calif.