China releases new guidelines on renewable energy architecture
Earlier this month, the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development published a circular on renewable energy architecture, stressing broader reach and improved implementation at all levels of government. Of significance:
- promoting higher renewable energy production targets from solar, geothermal, and biofuel energy, and achieving a renewable energy consumption of 20% by 2020.
- Increasing renewable construction to 2.5 billion square meters by the end of 2015, thus providing alternative energy equal to 3,000 tons of coal.
- Increasing development of green construction and conservation projects and providing subsidies for green city projects.
- Strengthening quality control and assessment as well as the inspection, operation, and management of building projects.
Source: China Briefing
More like this
- DOE report details finance options for PV systems in schools
- Robert Cassidy’s White House Summit Blog
- Green expert Kats joins GreenWizard as an advisor
- Review of green standards could unseat LEED on federal and military building projects
- Chapter 8 High-Performance Reconstruction and Historic Preservation: Conflict and Opportunity