Canada’s first net-positive building under construction in Milton, Ontario
The GreenLife Business Centre in Milton, Ontario near Toronto is set to become the first net-positive energy building in Canada. It will produce 168,000 kilowatts per hour annually, and will need just 100,000 kilowatts per hour to operate. Insulated concrete forms, motion sensors, daylight-harvesting, and geothermal equipment are key features.Designed by Radek Kozlowski Architect, it is scheduled to be completed at the end of this year.
More like this
- Rate HOK’s net-zero and net-positive energy ideas
- Perkins+Will merges with Vermeulen Hind Architects, offically launches Perkins+Will Canada
- Centre for Interactive Research on Sustainability opens
- Roof membrane could have prevented roof parking deck collapse, specialist says
- Best Firms to Work For: Enermodal Engineering is green to the core