Campanile highlights campus union at Springfield College
A signature bell tower crowns the new three-story, 58,000-sf Richard B. Flynn Campus Union at Springfield (Mass.) College. Designed by Symmes Maini & McKee Associates, Cambridge, Mass., the $15 million complex is enveloped by floor-to-ceiling windows that infuse the interiors with daylight. To foster community activity for the 5,000 undergraduate and graduate students, the building provides several areas for student programs and organizations, a food court, and a multi-purpose room overlooking Lake Massasoit.
More like this
- Academic center in Oregon unites academia with campus services
- Midtown Manhattan to get luxury condo tower
- Arizona outpatient cancer center to light a ‘lantern of hope’
- 2011 Reconstruction Award Profile: Seegers Student Union at Muhlenberg College
- Factory-applied solar laminates power Providence College’s sustainable addition