Building owners to speak out at BUILDINGChicago conference and expo
Real estate professionals from Crate and Barrel, Jones Lang LaSalle, and Baxter are among the building owner representatives that will be attending and speaking at the show.
Real estate professionals from Crate and Barrel, Jones Lang LaSalle, Baxter, and Advocate Healthcare are among the building owner representatives attending and speaking at Building Design+Construction's new conference and expo, BUILDINGChicago, September 9-11.
More than half of the 65+ continuing education sessions offered at the show will include a building owner representative, who will offer their unique perspective on current trends and projects.
Some of the owner-driven sessions include:
From Energy Hog to Energy Miser: Transforming the U.S. Bank Building, Madison, Wis.
Owner: Urban Land Interests
Informing the Design + Construction of Healthcare Facilities through Simulation: BIM + VDC at Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
Owner: Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
Chicago Lakeside Development: Bringing LEED for Neighborhood Development to the U.S. Steel Works Site
Owner: McCaffery Interests
Sustainable Campus Master Planning at a Community College: Harnessing the Opportunities
Owner: College of Lake County, Ill.
Transforming Medicine at the Community Level: Creating a Healthcare based Mixed-Use Development in Southwest Chicago
Owner: St. Anthony Hospital and Greater Southwest Development Corporation
Sustainable Senior Housing in South Chicago: Combining LEED with Active Green Environments at Victory Centre
Owner: Pathway Senior Living
Two Net Zero Projects, One Conclusion: From the Yannell Residence to Harmony House Animal Shelter
Owner: Harmony House
An Owners Experience with BIM: The Crate and Barrel Story
Owner: Crate and Barrel
A New Post-occupancy Evaluation Process at Advocate BroMenn Medical Center, Normal, Ill.
Owner: Advocate Healthcare
Guiding Principles of Highly Effective K-8 Design: A Case Study at the University of Chicago Lab Schools
Owner: University of Chicago
As of August 27, here are the building owner organizations attending or speaking at the show:
- Advocate Healthcare
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
- Chicago Park District
- Chicago Regional Council of Carpenters
- City of Blue Island, Ill.
- City of Brookfield, Wis.
- City of Chicago
- City of Cincinnati
- City of Indianapolis
- City of Lafayette, Ind.
- City of Richfield, Minn.
- City of Southfield, Mich.
- City of Urbana
- College of Lake County
- Consulate General of Canada
- Crate and Barrel
- General Growth Properties
- Grand Valley State University
- Greater Southwest Development Corporation
- Harmony House
- Illinois Capital Development Board
- Iowa State University
- Jones Lang LaSalle
- Lake County - Facilities Operations
- Lake County - FAS
- Loyola University Chicago
- McCaffery Interests
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
- Ministry Health Care
- Moraine Valley Community College
- Nicor Gas
- Pathway Senior Living
- St. Anthony Hospital
- State of Illinois Capital Development Board
- State of Iowa, Department of Corrections
- Tribune Co.
- University of Chicago Medicine
- University of Illinois
- University of Wisconsin
- Univiversity of Newcastle, England
- Urban Land Interests
For information on attending BUILDINGChicago, visit: http://www.buildingchicagoexpo.com/
More like this
- BUILDINGChicago eShow Daily – Day 3 coverage
- Jones Lang LaSalle
- Jones Lang LaSalle ends 2008 With 325 USGBC LEED Accredited Professionals; other employees hold BREEAM, Green Star and NABERS Energy accreditation in 10 countries
- More companies willing to pay extra for green office space
- Smart building technology: Talking results at the BUILDINGChicago/ Greening the Heartland show