Brazilian engineering/construction firm Odebrecht sues Florida over ban on companies doing business in Cuba
Odebrecht Construction Inc., a Brazilian engineering and construction company, is suing the State of Florida over a new law that bans governments from hiring companies with business ties to Cuba. The law would prohibit state and local government agencies from awarding contracts worth at least $1 million to companies such as Odebrecht, whose subsidiary is upgrading the Cuban Port of Mariel.
More like this
- AGC, other business groups oppose hiring rules for disabled
- North Carolina bill would ban green rating systems that put state lumber industry at disadvantage
- Beefed up building energy-efficiency standards win approval in California
- Industry challenges Connecticut's suit over defective construction work
- Minnesota law to spur development, job creation produced few jobs