The Safe Building Code Incentive Act of 2011 would provide strong financial incentives for states to adopt and enforce strong building codes. Qualifying states would be eligible for an additional 4% in post-disaster relief grants.
More like this
- Fire Chiefs Assn., IBHS call for federal legislation to encourage states to adopt, enforce building codes
- Federal Safe Building Code Incentive Act’s bipartisan support, no notable objection, bodes well for passage
- AIA joins BuildStrong Coalition in support of safe building code legislation
- Seismic safety in question at thousands of California public schools
- Rhode Island is the first state to adopt IGCC