BIA opens entries for 2013 Brick in Architecture Awards
Categories added to honor nationwide design excellence
The Brick Industry Association (BIA) has opened entry submissions for its 2013 Brick In Architecture Awards—with a new Renovation/Restoration category and new category divisions this year. BIA’s annual awards honor architectural excellence and sustainable design nationwide that incorporates clay brick products as the predominant exterior building or paving material. Entries are due by April 30. To enter and for details, go to: http://www.gobrick.com/EventsEducation/BrickInArchitectureAwards/tabid/7...
The 2013 awards competition will be conducted entirely online. Architectural and design firms from around the country can enter their best material to be judged by a jury of their peers.
“As a versatile building material made in America made from abundant natural resources, there is no substitute for genuine clay brick,” said BIA President and CEO Gregg Borchelt, P.E. “In addition to its unmatched durability and many benefits from its physical properties, brick offers aesthetic flexibility to match the architect’s imagination and desires, and is a main element in sustainable design,” he said.
As the largest and most prestigious juried competition of its kind, entries can be submitted in one or more of the below categories:
- Commercial (Under $10 Million) – New
- Commercial (Over $10 Million) – New
- Education – K-12
- Education – Colleges & Universities (Higher Education)* – New
- Health Care Facilities
- Municipal / Government
- Houses of Worship
- Residential – Single Family
- Residential – Multi-Family
- Renovation (Additions)** / Restoration (Restoring) – New
- Paving & Landscape Projects
*Includes residence halls & academic/administrative buildings
**Additions must use at least 50 percent new clay brick products on the building. Restoration construction must include at least 50% clay brick products, which can either be new or salvaged.
For complete information on eligibility, submission requirements, and judging, visit
Founded in 1934, the Brick Industry Association (BIA) is the nationally recognized authority on clay brick construction representing the nation’s distributors and manufacturers of clay brick and suppliers of related products. Web site: www.gobrick.com /703-620-0010.
More like this
- 70% of Qualified Trade Association Members Attain “Green Brick Specialist” Designation in Comprehensive Training Program
- AIA Building with brick, stone, and masonry
- AIA: Engineered Brick + Masonry for Commercial Buildings
- GREENBUILD 2011: Brick offers growing options for sustainable building design
- Building with Brick and Masonry