BD+C's 28th Annual Reconstruction Awards
A total of 13 projects recognized as part of BD+C's 28th Annual Reconstruction Awards.
Atlantic Wharf , Boston, Mass.
The 1.185-million-sf Atlantic Wharf mixed-use project is being hailed as the flagship development for the new Boston downtown, enabling local developer Boston Properties to bring urban activity to the Fort Point Channel water’s edge. Led by local design firm CBT Architects, the Building Team—including structural engineer McNamara/Salvia, mechanical engineer TMP Consulting Engineers, and general contractor John Moriarty & Associates—preserved the historic seven-story Peabody & Stearns Atlantic Building (1899) and created 86 loft apartments.
The maritime-themed high-rise, with 30 floors of office space, ground-level retail, a six-deck underground garage, a new glass-enclosed atrium, and a two-story civic space with multimedia center, public galleries, and performance space, is the Hub’s first LEED Gold skyscraper.
Click here for a list of Products and Materials used as well as exclusive images of the Atlantic Wharf.
Reconstruction Awards Judge Tom Brooks praised the project for seamlessly integrating new and old: “It doesn’t distract the eye. It has a well-defined separation.”
More like this
- PLATINUM AWARD: The Hinman Research Building at the Georgia Institute of Technology
- PLATINUM AWARD: Genetics Laboratory, Smithsonian Institution, National Zoological Park, Washington, D.C.
- November 2012: On the Drawing Board
- 28th Annual Reconstruction Awards: Genetics Lab Decoded
- SILVER AWARD: Seegers Student Union, Muhlenberg College, Allentown, Pa.