Architect Jean Nouvel designs an island near Paris
Abandoned by carmaker Renault almost 20 years ago, Seguin Island in Boulogne-Billancourt, France, is being renewed by architect Jean Nouvel. Plans for the 300,000-square-meter project includes a mix of culture, commerce, urban parks, and gardens, which officials hope will attract both Parisians and tourists.
More like this
- Documentary shows 'starchitects' competing for museum project
- Toyo Ito named 2013 Pritzker Architecture Prize recipient
- Former industrial French city reshapes itself according to ambitious green standards
- Seamless cladding gives French hotel modern style
- Energy efficiency No. 1 priority for commercial office tenants