Andreas Mueller named president and CEO of nora systems
Lawrence, Mass. - (October 2, 2009) – Nora systems, Inc., manufacturer of nora rubber flooring, has named Andreas Mueller president and CEO, North America, effective Oct. 1, 2009.
“I look forward to building on the many contributions that earlier presidents of nora North America have made to the company’s strong foundation and continued success, especially those of Dennis Schmick, who will step down after a 12-year career with nora,” said Mueller.
Mueller has served nora’s North American operations for 13 years, most recently as vice president of sales. During his tenure in this position, growth in annual sales averaged 17%, with business expanding in Canada, Mexico and the United States. Mueller was also instrumental in the following accomplishments:
• The selection of nora as one of only three flooring products approved for installation in facilities operated by Kaiser Permanente, one of the country’s leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans
• The design, development and global introduction of noraplan environcare, nora’s best-selling new product
• The establishment of nora’s market segment management strategy
• The development of nora’s unique customer care concept
In addition, Mueller’s focus on the training and development of nora’s sales organization, sales support staff and customer service team was integral to the successful launch of nora’s new brand position, “All About Flooring, All About You,” earlier this year.
“Andreas’s role in the launch of the new brand position and his combined experiences in Germany, the United States, Canada and Mexico make him a great asset to nora’s North American business,” said Philipp Leferenz, managing director, nora systems, GmbH. “As nora’s global presence continues to expand, Andreas’ strategic insights will be welcomed by the international management team.”
In his prior role as national market segment manager, Mueller, who holds a master’s degree in business administration, helped nora achieve market penetration in the healthcare, education, industry, transportation and public buildings market segments. He joined nora’s North American operations in 1996 as a key account manager, and in that position Mueller significantly increased sales in the clean room and high technology production market segments.
“Andreas’s contributions to the tremendous success of our sales efforts and market penetration in recent years have prepared him well to step into this new position,” said outgoing president Schmick. “He assumes leadership of nora systems, Inc. at a challenging but also exciting time in the company’s history, with many new and innovative initiatives on the drawing board that, together with his vision, wide-ranging experiences and his leadership skills will certainly contribute to nora’s continuing growth.”
Nora systems, Inc. has been located in the United States for more than 30 years. It is the U.S. headquarters of German-based nora systems GmbH, the world’s largest manufacturer of commercial rubber floor covering systems. The company has been designing and manufacturing nora rubber flooring for more than 50 years, meeting a wide range of functional performance requirements while paying close attention to the aesthetic aspects of interior design.
For additional information, contact nora systems, Inc. at 1-800-332-NORA or visit the company’s Web site at www.nora.com/us.
nora systems, Inc.
More like this
- Rubber flooring manufacturer nora launches “All About Flooring, All About You” brand
- LEED 2009 cites FloorScore Certification as indicator of indoor air quality
- Construction unemployment rises to 17.1% as another 64,000 construction workers are laid off in September
- Johnson Controls announces program to help customers reduce chiller energy costs by up to 40%
- TRACO wins Crystal Achievement Award for most innovative manufacturing plant