AIA report: Greater collaboration, stiffer competition among top trends in architecture
A new 34-page report from AIA highlights key trends in the architecture marketplace and their impact on business and growth.
Developed in conjunction with the Greenway Group, the American Institute of Architects (AIA) has made the AIA Foresight Report available for free download to AIA members at AIA National Convention and Design Exposition – June 20th through 22nd.
The 34-page report highlights key trends in the architecture marketplace and their impact on business and growth. It is intended to provide original research that applies to the current and future practice of architecture focusing on the areas of sustainability, advances in building performance, changes in project delivery and the evolution of technology.
Key findings include:
- Stiffer competition in the design services marketplace is here to stay due to recession pressure
- New markets and a growing base of talent for the A/E/C industry due to the rise of emerging economies, including Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa
- Greater collaboration among design, engineering and construction disciplines
- Increasing push for measuring the effect and benefit of design strategies and providing building performance data
- Rise in alternative and complementary services being offered by architecture firms
- Strong market for green products and design