AIA Course: Novel glass technologies for commercial buildings
Along with lighting and MEP systems, glass technology represents one of the most dynamic areas of technological change in building design. Driving these advances are such end-user concerns as enhancing interior daylighting, reducing facility maintenance, and expanding view corridors for occupants. This free AIA/CES course from Building Design+Construction looks at the new technologies and techniques in glass and glazing for buildings, including active glazing, low-e glass, and building-integrated photovoltaics.
What you will learn
After reading this article, you should be able to:
* Understand the fundamental considerations affecting glass manufacture, fabrication and selection.
* Describe the various attributes of specialized glazing used for occupant safety and energy efficiency.
* Compare the benefits and drawbacks of various kinds of decorative glass systems.
Take this free AIA course at:
http://www.bdcuniversity.com/novel-glass-technologies?courseid=1062 (short registration required)
More like this
- AIA Course: Lightweight steel construction for commercial buildings
- AIA Course: Green power — Sustainable building techniques and technologies
- AIA Course: Concrete buildings — New technology, new approaches
- AIA Course: How to design commercial restrooms that work right
- AIA Course: High-performance building systems — Mechanical, electrical and controls systems