AIA Course: Moisture control strategies and techniques for nonresidential buildings
Among all the challenges plaguing buildings in the U.S., moisture-related problems are at the top of the list. This free AIA/CES course from Building Design+Construction offers design solutions for avoiding the long list of problems that relate to poorly designed envelope systems for moisture management, such as corrosion, mold growth, and even excess draw on a building’s HVAC systems.
What you will learn
After reading this article, you should be able to:
* Discuss how moisture affects buildings.
* Understand the general principles of control and protection against moisture-related effects and damage.
* List building materials and methods of value in protecting buildings from the negative effects of moisture intrusion.
* Describe the importance of climate and the use of air barriers in controlling moisture.
Take this free AIA course at:
www.loginandlearn.com/course/overview.php?courseid=570 (short registration required)
More like this
- Moisture Control: Envelope Strategies and Techniques for Protecting Building Value
- Earn AIA/CES learning units with Building Design+Construction's 2008 continuing education series
- Earn up to five AIA/CES learning units through Building Design+Construction's 2008 continuing education series
- AIA Course: High-performance building systems — Mechanical, electrical and controls systems
- AIA Course: Design and construction solutions for protecting buildings in severe weather