AIA Course: Enclosure strategies for better buildings
Earn 1.0 AIA learning unit by taking this free course
Sustainability and energy efficiency depend not only on the overall design but also on the building's enclosure system. Whether it's via better air-infiltration control, thermal insulation, and moisture control, or more advanced strategies such as active façades with automated shading and venting or novel enclosure types such as double walls, Building Teams are delivering more efficient, better performing, and healthier building enclosures. Take this free AIA/CEU course from Building Design+Construction.
What you will learn
After reading this article, you should be able to:
* Describe how heat, air, and moisture can compromise a building envelope and overall building performance.
* List key systems and components for proper enclosure performance.
* Discuss how design and construction practices affects enclosure performance.
* Describe two or more novel technologies that can improve the energy efficiency of a building enclosure.
Take this free AIA course at:
http://www.bdcuniversity.com/enclosure-strategies-better-buildings?courseid=1653 (short registration required)
More like this
- Seven tips for specifying and designing with insulated metal wall panels
- Translucent architectural fabric covers Wimbledon's legendary Centre Court
- Call for entries: Building enclosure design awards
- Glass Wall Systems Open Up Closed Spaces
- Building Systems commissioning and retro-commissioning training program: Chicago, September 23, 2009