AIA Course: Concrete buildings — New technology, new approaches
Durable, versatile, dependable, and easily available, concrete is among the world’s time-honored structural and finish materials. Even more compelling than its long-standing benefits are new advantages conferred by recent improvements to concrete technology. Several new formulations and application methods offer benefits in both design and construction, especially with regard to new building materials, construction techniques, reinforcement approaches, and decorative finishes. Take this free AIA/CES course from Building Design+Construction.
What you will learn
After reading this article, you should be able to:
* Understand new materials and construction approaches affecting the specification, design, and erection of concrete structures.
* Describe the various attributes of concrete that impact the sustainability of commercial and institutional building.
* Compare the benefits and drawbacks of various approaches to concrete mixes, reinforcement methods, structures, and decorative finishes.
Take this free AIA course at:
http://www.bdcuniversity.com/concrete-new-technology-new-approaches?courseid=1373 (short registration required)
More like this
- Concrete: New Technology, New Approaches
- AIA Course: Lightweight steel construction for commercial buildings
- AIA Course: Designing and building with structural steel
- AIA Course: Design and construction solutions for protecting buildings in severe weather
- AIA Course: Novel glass technologies for commercial buildings