AIA Course: Building With Architectural Metals
Metal remains popular as a building material for many reasons. Metals offer durability, strength, and versatility that when matched with aesthetic possibilities are unmatched by any other material known to man, says L. William Zahner, AIA, president and CEO of the metal engineering and fabrication specialist A. Zahner Company, Kansas City, Mo. Zahner is among the architectural metal experts featured in this free AIA/CES course from Building Design+Construction.
What you will learn
After reading this article, you should be able to:
• Discuss the benefits and applications of various architectural metals.
• List the comparative benefits of specific types of metals, in terms of weatherability, structural characteristics, and compatibility with other metals.
• Explain how to specify metal to avoid galvanic corrosion and other effects that shorten the materials' useful service lifetimes.
• Understand the alloys and combinations of metal as well as the names and special characteristics of some common metal alloys.
Take this free AIA course at:
http://www.bdcuniversity.com/building-architectural-metals?courseid=1558 (short registration required)
More like this
- AIA Course: Building with concrete – Design and construction techniques
- AIA Course: Concrete buildings — New technology, new approaches
- Insulation and Waterproofing for Metal Buildings & Metal Roof Systems
- AIA Course: Lightweight steel construction for commercial buildings
- AIA Course: Enclosure strategies for better buildings