AIA Course: The basics of brick design and construction
What do the Great Wall of China, Philadelphia’s Independence Hall, and Boston Medical Center’s new cancer care facility all have in common? They all feature one of humanity’s oldest manufactured products: the humble brick. This free AIA/CES course from Building Design+Construction serves as a primer to designing and building with brick.
What you will learn
After reading this article, you should be able to:
* Understand the fundamental considerations affecting the selection of brick materials for commercial and institutional facility construction.
* Describe the various attributes of bricks and the terminology of brick construction and detailing.
* Describe the basic mechanisms of brick enclosure performance and the restoration of historic and older brick structures.
Take this free AIA course at:
http://www.bdcuniversity.com/basics-brick?courseid=1379 (short registration required)
More like this
- The Basics of Brick
- The Basics of Brick: Building with Brick and Masonry
- AIA Course: Green power — Sustainable building techniques and technologies
- AIA Course: High-performance building systems — Mechanical, electrical and controls systems
- AIA Course: Lightweight steel construction for commercial buildings