AGC of Wisconsin Gives Build Wisconsin Awards for 2008
|Among the winning projects honored by the Build Wisconsin Awards was the Fox Valley Technical College Waupaca Regional Center, which was built by Ellis Stone Construction., Co., Stevens Point, and designed by Somerville, Inc., Green Bay.|
On December 4, the Associated General Contractors of Wisconsin, (AGCWI) bestowed its Build Wisconsin awards for 2008 during the organization’s annual convention, held this year in Milwaukee.
The awards, which recognize outstanding work in a dozen categories, were presented to a total of 34 projects.
Entries are judged by a panel that includes an architect, an engineer, a facility owner/manager, city building official, and university professor.
Listed below are the categories, with the honored projects and the contractor recognized for each one.
Environmental Excellence Award
• Aldo Leopold Legacy Center – The Boldt Co.
• Kettle Foods – ACS, Inc.
General Contractor – New Construction
• Fox Valley Technical CollegeWaupaca Regional Center - Ellis Stone Construction Co.
• 311 Financial Way – The Samuels Group, Inc.
• American Family Children’s HospitalJ.H. Findorff & Son Inc.
• UW Madison – Microbial Sciences BuildingC.D. Smith Construction, Inc.
General Contractor – Renovation
• J.F. Ahern Co. ExpansionC.D. Smith Construction, Inc.
• Sacred Heart Hospital East Wing 5th & 6th FloorThe Samuels Group, Inc.
• Columbus Community Hospital,4th Floor Vertical Addition – Vogel Bros. Building Co.
• UW Madison Mechanical Engineering Building Miron Construction Co., Inc.
Design Build – New Construction
• Wisconsin Energy Conservation CorporationHeadquarters – Vogel Bros. Building Co.
• The Renaissance Center – Hoffman, LLC
• Neuroscience Center of Northeast WisconsinMiron Construction Co., Inc.
• Holy Family Catholic ChurchC.D. Smith Construction, Inc.
Design Build – Renovation
• North Shore Golf Club – The Boldt Co.
• UW Health – Cross Plains Clinic – Tri-North Builders
Municipal Utility/Underground Construction
• City of Neenah Water Treatment Plant – The Boldt Co.
• Heart of the Valley Wastewater Treatment FacilityMiron Construction Co., Inc.
• Olin Avenue Waste Transfer StationTri-North Builders
• Kondex Corporation – C.D. Smith Construction, Inc.
• Dairyland Power Cooperative – The Boldt Co.
• Johnson Diversey Inc. Distribution CenterRiley Construction Co., Inc.
Specialty Contractor – Electrical
• Aldo Leopold Legacy CenterH&H Solar Energy Services
• UW Madison Microbial Sciences BuildingFaith Technologies, Inc.
Specialty Contractor – Mechanical
• Aldo Leopold Legacy Center – H&H Industries, Inc.
• Alyward Outpatient Surgery CenterTweet Garot Mechanical, Inc.
• Grande Cheese Company – Rohde Brothers, Inc.
• UW Madison Microbial Sciences BuildingNorth American Mechanical, Inc.
Specialty Contractor – Plumbing
• Door County Memorial Hospital AdditionTweet Garot Mechanical, Inc.
• Kress Events Center – Hurckman Mechanical, Inc.
• Columbia St. Mary’s Water Tower Medical CommonsJ.F. Ahern Co.
• UW Madison Microbial Science BuildingHooper Corporation
Specialty Contractor – Exterior Finishes
• St. Vincent Hospital – H.J. Martin & Son, Inc.
Specialty Contractor – Interior Finishes
• Eye Clinic of Wausau – H.J. Martin & Son, Inc.