AGC launches new coalition to help bring tax relief to construction sector
Associated General Contractor of America (AGC) has launched the Coalition for Fair Effective Tax Rates to bring tax relief to the construction sector. “That relief can't come soon enough as the hard-hit construction industry pays an effective corporate tax rate of 31%, the highest level in the economy and more than double the rate some sectors pay, according to the most recent analysis by the U.S. Department of the Treasury,” says AGC Chief Executive Officer Stephen E. Sandherr.
More like this
- AGC advocates for federal procurement reform
- AGC renovates historic townhouse for offices
- AGC Urges Repeal of 3% Withholding On Government Contracts
- AGC urges Congress, Obama to reject caps on construction workers in immigration legislation
- So-called fiscal cliff is already affecting construction jobs, AGC finds