Abu Dhabi Skyscraper Will be Tallest in Town
Construction of the $2.7 billion Shams Abu Dhabi project, located on Reem Island, off the northeastern shore of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates, will be managed by a joint venture of Hill International, Marlton, N.J., and 3D/I. The developer is Sorough Real Estate P.J.S.C., whose vision is for Shams to become the new metropolitan center of Abu Dhabi.
The facility will offer nearly 82 million sf of residential, retail, entertainment, and parking space. More than 22,000 residential units will accommodate nearly 100,000 people once the project is completed in 2011. The first project to be built will be the Sky Tower, an 83-story residential and commercial skyscraper that will be the tallest building in the city.
More like this
- Hospital of the future breaks ground in Abu Dhabi
- Hill International Selected as Project Manager for Abu Dhabi Future School Program
- Thornton Tomasetti names Al Hashimi vice president for its Middle East Operations
- Goettsch Partners opens new Abu Dhabi office
- GREC Architects announces opening of the Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort and Spa