Thornton Tomasetti Selected as Structural Engineer for Kingdom Tower
Thornton Tomasetti, the international engineering firm, has been selected as structural engineer for Kingdom Tower in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, which when completed will be the world's tallest building at 1,000+ meters. Construction is scheduled to begin later this year.
The structure will be the centerpiece of Kingdom City, a new urban development of more than 23 million square meters. With a total construction area of 530,000 square meters, Kingdom Tower will be a mixed-use building featuring a luxury hotel, office space, serviced apartments, condominiums, and an observation deck.
Selected to serve as structural engineer to the design architect, Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture, which is leading the interdisciplinary design team on the project, Thornton Tomasetti was also the structural engineer for three of the world's top 10 tallest buildings, including Petronas Towers, Taipei 101, and the Shanghai Tower currently under construction.
More like this
- Construction team chosen for world's tallest building in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Take that, Burj Khalifa! Chicago firm designs kilometer-tall Saudi skyscraper
- Chicago-based firm to design third-tallest building in China
- Adrian Smith chosen for positive-energy project in Abu Dhabi
- Design for world’s first 1km-tall skyscraper unveiled