Wrapping Up the 2012 Olympic Stadium
The London Organizing Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games confirmed that Worldwide Olympic Partner Dow Chemical will produce a sustainable, fabric wrap that will encircle London’s iconic Olympic Stadium during the Olympic and Paralympic Games, home to several athletic events, and the opening and closing ceremonies.
The wrap will comprise 336 individual panels – each approximately 25 meters high and 2.5 meters wide – and will help the stadium become the visual centerpiece of the London 2012 Games. Installation will be completed by spring 2012.
More like this
- HOK Sport unveils 2012 Olympic Stadium in London
- Populous selected to design 'crystalline skin' stadium for 2014 Winter Olympics
- Construction Completed on 2012 Olympics Aquatics Center
- International center expands LED-lighting retrofit ahead of London 2012 Olympics
- Olympic site spurs green building movement in UK