Building Design+Construction is currently accepting nominations for the 7th Annual 40 Under 40 program that recognizes the top under-40 professionals in the built environment.
Building Design+Construction's 40 Under 40 is open to AEC professionals from around the world who are under 40 years old, as of January 1, 2012. Nominees may come from the following fields:
• Building product inventor/developer
• Building product manufacturing
• Construction management
• Engineering (M/E/P, structural, acoustic, etc.)
• Facility management
• Finance (related to construction)
• Government (federal, state, local)
• Interior design
• NGOs, membership, or trade association in the building field
• Nonprofit environmental or development organizations
• Project management
• Property ownership or management
• Real estate development
Note: Individuals whose work is exclusively related to single-family housing or civil engineering are not eligible. Individuals who were previously nominated for BD+C's 40 Under 40 competition but not selected are eligible. Individuals previously nominated and who were selected as one of BD+C's 40 Under 40 are not eligible.
DON'T BE BASHFUL
Under 40 as of January 1, 2012 and believe you qualify? Feel free to nominate yourself.
INTERNATIONAL NOMINEES WELCOME
BD+C's 40 Under 40 Competition is open to Building Team professionals around the world.
Some of the qualities and characteristics the editors will be looking for (in no particular order):
• Leadership skills
• Sustained career progress
• People skills
• Client relations
• Academic training
• Personal integrity
• Technical skills
• Community outreach
Nomination forms will be judged by the editors of Building Design+Construction, whose decision is final. BD+C