ThyssenKrupp acquires Sterling Elevators Services
The acquisition of Sterling Elevator Services Corporation is the third acquisition completed by ThyssenKrupp Elevator AG in the last three months in North America.
ThyssenKrupp Elevator has acquired the business operations of Sterling Elevator Services Corp., headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. Sterling Elevator Services Corp. (SES) is a full-service elevator company providing new installation, maintenance, repair and modernization in the province of Alberta. SES has been successfully serving building owners, management companies, architects, and general contractors since 1992.
In May 2011, ThyssenKrupp AG decided on an integrated strategic development program to move the group forward competitively and sustainably. Achieving growth is one of the aims of this program. In this context, the acquisition is an important step toward systemically expanding the company’s technology business.
“The acquisition of Sterling Elevator Services further strengthens our position in North America. The solid presence of Sterling Elevator in the Canadian market is a true asset for our growth strategy in the region,” said Dr. Olaf Berlien, Executive Board Chairman of ThyssenKrupp Elevator AG.
The acquisition of Sterling Elevator Services Corporation is the third acquisition completed by ThyssenKrupp Elevator AG in the last three months in North America. The company announced its acquisition of Florida-based General Elevator Sale and Service Inc., in September 2011, and Philadelphia-based United Elevator Co., in October 2011. BD+C
More like this
- Two ThyssenKrupp Elevator's manufacturing facilities in U.S. earn ISO 14001 certification
- ThyssenKrupp installs world's fastest double-deck elevator in Shanghai World Financial Center
- Energy-efficient elevator Aids retrofit of Fraunhofer sustainable energy center
- ThyssenKrupp elevator cabs validated by UL Environment
- ThyssenKrupp Elevator Partners with Microban Antimicrobial Protection on Elevator Buttons